The above pictures are self-explanatory, aren't they?
Teenagers despise it when people enter their rooms and don't close the door completely while going!
Well, my room has a curtain as a substitute for the door since eternity. (Technically, it does have a door but I've barricaded it with an almirah full of books).
I don't like it one bit when my parents or my brother enter my room and then exit it without closing it properly. It just simply bugs me. Every time someone leaves my room, I give out a shout "Close it!" It worked all right for some while. I thought that if I said it enough times, they'd get used to it automatically. But after an year of doing that, I feel like they won't get used to it even if another 100 years pass. Also, of late, my brother has become... Even when I yell 'CLOSE IT!!' He closes it like 95%and the other 5% bugs me.
This morning, when the power-cut was in effect, I was on my desk with Resnick and Halliday in front of me. Then I looked to my right and saw that the curtain was 7% open. I thought "OKAY. That's it. I'm going to do something about it, right now!" (It was a valid reason for postponing studying as well :P )
Of late, an idea was forming in my mind where I'd install something that would pull back the curtain whenever it was open. I pondered for a while and the idea of using an elastic rubber-band came into my mind. One thing led to another and 15 minutes later, I'd finished it.
Sorry about the blur, the lighting wasn't enough I guess. Anyway, what that photo shows is my solution to curtail the curtain problem. I tied a piece of rope onto the string which supported the curtain and added a rubber band into it. That's what is there on the right. I then bored a hole into the curtain using the kitchen knife. I was surprised as to how easy it was. I was expecting more resistance. Then, I found a cut lan cable. I sent it through the hole and then attached the string to it. I repeated the same thing on the left side of the curtain and et voila! It was over. It's been on since morning and I haven't had to get up to correct it even once. I think it'll need some maintenance down the road but it's ok.
If you are wondering, no this wasn't the first time that I tried to solve this problem. I had a few tries before which include - Sticking the entire thing using transparent duct-tape to the wall. It was a failed try, the tape wasn't strong enough to hold the weight of the curtain and it looked ugly. You can see the remnants of that try in the second picture. And another try included me trying to tape the curtain to the string that supported it. The tape wasn't strong enough.
After looking at the finished product, I wondered as to why I hadn't thought of it before. I simply had no answer. However, I think that the idea of using a rubber-band coming to me now has something to do with the fact that we're learning 'tension in a string' at college. o.O
Ah whatever, I've accompanied this post with enough text already so...
Until next time,
(PS : Yeah, this was the most eventful Sunday in a long time.)