Thursday, October 6, 2011

Steve Jobs and Apple






Apple had a very big impact on my life.

To quote a friend,

“Apple gave life to my journey from home to school and school to home every day.”


I was first introduced to apple through their iPod shuffle. It introduced me to a world of music that I didn’t knew existed. I no longer needed to open my bulky laptop to listen my favorite track. It made music accessible and likeable.

That was my first Apple product.

Then, in 2011, came my iPod Touch. It was a 1st generation iPod touch. So, basically, I was using technology that was introduced four years back. But, believe me when I tell you that it didn’t feel like that for one second. It was as though I was using something very recently invented.

 I began taking a bigger interest in apple products.

Then, through an english work-book, I was introduced to Steve Jobs. I knew that he was the CEO of apple already but I knew little about the story behind the scenes.

  We had a transcript of his Stanford University Commencement speech. I like it so much that the instant I came home, I saw it on youtube. It was inspiring to say the very least.

 Well, to be honest, I didn’t know much about Steve Jobs even then. Only today did I realize what an amazing person he was.

To beautifully surmise my feelings about him, here's a quote --

"Steve Jobs was one of the most influential people in my life. Not because I knew him, or because I followed his dictums and philosophy. But because the technological environment 
in which I exist was created by him. If I were a fish, he'd have provided much of the water
 in which I swim."

 He created the iMac, iPod, iTouch, iPhone. Calling them the best gadgets of this decade is an understatement. Millions all over the world know that it was something more than that.

 Well, he created products that revolutionized the world. And, for that, I admire him.

May your soul Rest In Peace Steve.



Think Differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment