Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Should I be tensed?




Well, bliss is coming to an end in other words, school is going to start 3 days from now.

That’s right, 10 full days have been passed since we had our exams and I’ve had the greatest of times. 

These holidays have been an amazing experience. How? I’m not going to bother you with the facts.
 But, school in 3 days doesn’t just mean that studies are going to be resumed. Actually, I’m looking forward to it. The thing I’m scared/tensed about is that we’ll know our grades for the First term examinations.
O_o  -  o_O

 It’s not that I messed them up big time and I’m going to get an F on each one of them. I am quite sure I won’t get anything lower than a B+. In MIT, those grades are acceptable because the tests are hard. Here? No way. I mean, all that we have to do is memorize stuff and reproduce it in the exam hall. Speaking of it, it looks so simple. It actually is, thanks to my memory. But, that doesn’t work in language subjects. And, it is there that I’ve messed up a bit L.

I’ve read somewhere “Your grades don’t tell how your life is going to be. Your attitude to learning does.” Well, too bad I found that after my exams were over :/

I feel like bashing my head into the wall (Don’t worry, I won’t do that, The wall might break.)
If my calculations were correct, then, I’ll probably get a 9.4 CGPA.

Sigh.

So, basically, I’m crying over a 0.6 loss in CGPA. Coming to think of it, it’s not bad. Not bad when compared relatively to the median score of our class.

But, the thing is, I’m not sulking because I’m getting less when compared to others. I’m sulking because I know that I could’ve done better. I’m sulking because I didn’t put in all the effort I was capable of putting. I took things for ‘lite’ as they would say here and I guess I’m paying the price.

Well, coming to think of it, it’s not the end of the world if I get a 9.4 GPA. After all, I’ll have next term to get straight A’s and get it up as much as math allows (which is 9.7). Anyway, 9.7 is pretty good. Isn’t it? And, anyway, I’m always going to have Inter-mediate to pep things up a bit. And then, MIT doesn’t care a lot about your GPA and stuff if you get a 750+ score in the SAT’s.

Well, on the brighter side, I’ve learnt a lesson J.
Sayonara!

No comments:

Post a Comment