Sunday, October 16, 2011

5 months. That's all :(



 While in one of my dazed states, I thought about something. A second later, I was wide-awake thinking “OMG. Is that really true?” Then, I did a few calculations proof-checking the answer at least thrice. Soon, I realized that I had calculated correctly. In 5 months, 13 years will be gone forever.

  In just 5 months, I will be leaving my second home. That’s right. I mean school.

I couldn’t believe it, I think it would be alright to say that I was delirious. I mean, how can it even be possible? So quickly?

It only seems yesterday that my class hosted a farewell party for the previous 10th graders. In fact, I remember it so vividly that if I wasn’t in my senses, it might well have taken place today.

To be very honest, I still can’t accept it. I’ve spent 12½ years in that place and in 5 months, I will never again call it ‘home’ because I’m going away. Honestly, it feels like a heart-break. My friends over there are the only people I know. I mean, I’m such a I-don’t-know-what-fits-here that sometimes I forget that people even exist in my neighborhood. Having friends is a long shot. My friends at school are effectively the only friends I have.

 That is enough to drive me insane.

One other thing that I’m not really able to come to terms is that in 7 months I’ll be college. OMG. I remember the days when I used to look up at people who were in college as they were ‘god-like’. In a few months from now, I’ll be in their place and it just doesn’t feel right. It just doesn’t.

I’m at a loss of words. I don’t know what to write here. School. That’s the place that I’ve spent half my life.

I’m going to miss it. The atmosphere, my friends, those jokes that we passed around on chits during an extremely serious math period, those games of spongennis between 2 classes, UNO, Bluff, those hilarious chats that we had, helping each other out on math sums that dodged reality, how can I forget the games periods? Then cracking jokes on teachers and laughing our heart out and so many more memories that have been etched into my heart as if they’ve been soldered. They’re going to be right there until I take my last few breaths, I give you my word for that.

It’s not easy trying to fit 13 years of memories in a 500 words, I give you my word for that. You have to be there to experience it. As far as I know, many of you readers have finished your schooling. Remember the day when you had to leave it? That’s exactly what I’m feeling right now, 5 months before the end.

But, life has to go on. As much as I wouldn’t like leaving it, I have to leave it to move on. There is no choice. All I can do is reminisce over them and live those memories once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment