Monday, September 12, 2011

Wolves, you’ve got Food!


“Sir! Your city is under siege”

“I’m not blind Geoffrey!”

“Then why don’t you act, Sire?”

“The easiest way to defeat an enemy is by convincing them that they’re making all the right moves. Just like a game of Chess.”

“Well said my lord.”

“Now, let them breach the outer-gates. I’ll have my trap set for them and they’ll walk right in. It’ll be dramatic.”

“More the dramatic, more the better.”

“ Enough with the Flattery! You may leave, my liege.”

Okay. Okay. Maybe I’ve had a bit of an over-dose of medieval movies. But, the situation in my mind’s similar. My alter-ego’s telling me that my reign is under attack but then again, a squire’s mind is a lot different than the king’s.

It all started 4 months ago, some new knight had been making waves in the Northern Plains. 3 months back, I first started getting glimpses of him. He started defeating the most seasoned professional jousters. 2 months ago, I realized that he was a Frenchman in disguise. He was inciting a revolt! It was too short of a notice but, I managed to fend of the first battle. But, soon, with the help of the gods, he bounced back and actually managed to stand shoulder-shoulder in a few subjects of interest.

Now, four months later, he is on the verge of breaching the perimeter of my kingdom and I’m not doing anything to stop him. Why? It’s because I have a better plan up my sleeve. Once he attacks and breaches the perimeter, he’ll probably be all confident about defeating me. Little will he know that it’s going to lead to his doom. I’m in the process of setting up the most brilliant turning-point in a war(It’s soon going to be outshined 
by Stalingrad though.)

He’ll walk in. All high and mighty, then, I’ll attack. I’ll take him by surprise and well, NO MERCY! NO WEAKNESS! I’ll tear him to pieces and feed it to the wolves(or my subjects, whoever is hungrier).

 It’s the perfect plan. But, yes, I’ll need to get some home-work done. I’ll need to prepare my armor, get my sword ready. Chalk out a battle-plan. But then, you need the heart of a lion to win and well, I have that!

Okay. Okay. I’ll shut up now.  I know I got all melodramatic and all. But, I can’t resist a good fight. Sadly, we all know who’s going to win. I feel bad about that knight. Good luck anyway.

You’ll be the first to know as soon as my messenger arrives with news of the battle!

1 comment:

  1. lol..........tiger woods once said "don't think of beating others, they should think of beating you"........

    ReplyDelete