Saturday, September 3, 2011

MIT


MIT.

   That’s the word that has been bugging me for the last 3 days. No more though.

 It all started with a simple youtube search for ‘physics’. It enlightened me that MIT lectures were open to the public. I started cursing myself for not knowing that before. Curiosity then took me to the MIT website.

   It was curiosity that made me read through the various parts of the website. I realized that this was what I was searching for. I stripped the website bare, taking in every piece of information that I could find. Once I had exhausted the conventional sources of energy, I turned to the non-conventional. Namely, the blogs kept by the MIT students, alumni and staff. It turned out to be a treasure trove. I gained immense knowledge about the college and with each passing moment, a resolve in me started growing bigger and bigger.

Yesterday, it became uncontrollable and I knew what I had to do. I made a promise with myself that I was going to get into the MIT.

Today, I read some more blogs and my thought that ‘This is it!’ just grew stronger and stronger and I resolved to tell mom. I’d been giving her coded signals from the past few days but she didn’t understand. I decided that I’ll have to tell her directly. So, I went into the kitchen and asked her innocently “Mum, you had something about MIT na. What is it?” My mother then acted like she had regained some old forgotten memory and started chattering excitedly. 5 minutes later, I realized that I’d got the official ‘go-ahead’ and there’s nothing else that can stand in my way (not that the former really mattered but…Aah. Forget it!)

So, it’s up to me now. 3rd September, 2011. That’s 2 and a-half years to prepare for MIT. And, I know that I’m going to. I just hope the steam that is driving me now holds it’s ground for the next 30 months.

It’s a rough journey ahead though and I’ll have put in every possible effort that I can.

30 months. Just 30 months….

Adarsh

No comments:

Post a Comment