Thursday, September 8, 2011

How I study for social?

“How do you study?” – I was once again asked this question. In a different form, but the same thing.
I replied something like “I read the chapters when they’re finished and then, prepare something like important-notes from them and during exam-time, I just read through them.”

  Well, I’ll be honest. My answer was part true, part false. I did indeed follow that pattern but, it took me no less than 2-3 days to realize that it wasn’t very efficient. I mean, I felt that it was time-waste to spend time preparing those notes. I could use that time better.

I don’t have a specific pattern of studying, at least officially. I don’t know how but I just manage to get through the exams with minimum studies. I mean, I’m not one of those kids who spend every waking hour studying and wake up the whole night.

 Anyway, since you guys asked(actually, no one asked :/) I’m going to give you a peek(a full view rather into my ‘time-table’ for tomorrow’s Social Studies Pre-final.

Total subjects : 1
Chapters : 12
History : 2 Geography : 4 Civics : 4 Economics : 2
Time to study : It’s 12:13 pm now. The exam’s tomorrow. So, I’ve got…hmm..6-7 hours.

  Sigh. 12 subjects in 6-7 hours. That’s quite a lot and I agree but, hey, divide that 12 by 2. It’s because half the portion was over in the first unit-test. Anyway, let’s consider them too.

  So, I’ve got quite a challenge up ahead of me but let’s meet it head on!

Hmm. So, when will I start studying? It’s around 12:16 pm now so, I’m going to start at 2:15 – 2:30. I need some free-time too! From 2:30, I’ll probably study for the rest of the day. I don’t mean that I’ll sit at the study-desk for hours together. I’ll take many-many breaks.

 Anyway, back to the topic. Where do I start?

Before we get there, what all do I have to study? What all do I need to prepare? What all do I need to do to write the exam well?
  ….Read lessons thoroughly…Understand them…Go through the guide…Go through the sample papers …Believe in yourself.

 Trust me, the last one is the most important of all. No matter how much you study, no matter how much time you spend, if you don’t believe in yourself  it’s all useless. It’s a complete waste I’m telling you. … I know I’m sounding all ‘lecturer’ type ;?

What does believing in yourself mean? Nice question. It means that once you finish all the above tasks, tell yourself “I’m gonna do just fine tomorrow”, believe that you can and will remember everything in the exam hall and stuff like that.

Anyway, coming back.

I’ll spend some time reading through the lessons. Skimming over them rather. – 1 ½  hour.
Go through the guide – 2 hours
Break – …everytime you feel like taking one. Take one.
Sample papers – Rest of the day.

And, that’s about it. I’ll be spending some more time on stuff like writing down imp. Stuff but, all that comes under the above.

 Well, that’s how I prepare for the exams. But, it’s my way. It works for me, I have no idea what works for you.
 So, WARNING.

 TRY IT ON YOUR OWN RISK.

 If it works, good.
If it doesn’t, Tauba Tauba. LoL!

....Well, to be honest. I don’t know if I’ll be following what I wrote above but, I’ll be maintain a close vigilance on my activities today and will do another post soon.

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment