Monday, August 15, 2011


Writing an exam without preparing – How does it feel?

If you’ve been reading my last few posts, you’ll probably know that I’m all worked up about my unit tests that are going to take place from tomorrow. I took a minute out and thought whether it was worth it. Whether studying so hard for these ‘unit-tests’ was worth it, I realized that the answer was ‘no’.

  Tomorrow is my social studies exam and I’ve decided to go write it with minimum preparation. I’ve just gone through the lessons once or twice and was all getting worked up about geography but I decided that I’m going to write it like any other test and stop freaking out.

  How does it feel?
To be honest, I don’t feel anything. I mean, I never really was a person who does night-outs before exams. I’m so calm before exams that my mother says she get’s tensed to see me so calm. I don’t mean to flatter myself or anything like that but, I don’t mind going to the exam hall without much preparation because I am sure that even without studying, I’ll get better marks than the average person. But, I must ask myself. Do you want to be just ‘above-average’? When you’re capable of being the best why settle for second-best?

Why am I doing so?
 I don’t know, I really don’t know. No matter how hard I study, I just was not able to put my mind into study mode. I’ve been trying to study for the past 4 days but nothing has clicked for me. I keep procrastinating it and even after 4 days, I feel like I still haven’t started studying. God!

Any benefits from doing this?
I can only think of two right now.

1)      This will probably prove either good or detrimental to my confidence. I mean, I just stopped believing in myself. Maybe after writing this test, I’ll probably gain back that confidence.
2)      If I don’t get good marks, then probably it will steer me in the right direction. Tell me “Dude, see. You won’t be able to write the exam like this. Study for godsakes!” That might actually make me get serious about studying.

I don’t know what will happen tomorrow. But, I hope that it is for my good. I’ll keep you updated on the result.

Here’s the order of the exams.
Social Studies (tomorrow, hope it goes well.)
Math (I’m quite confident about this.)
Science (Hmm….I’m confident. Just confident.)
Hindi (…..I don’t know about this one. Hoping to catch a few tricks of trade from my friends.)
English (Aah, I’m ‘over’-confident about this one :P)
…..

Well, that my friends is the last you’ll be hearing from me today.

See you tomorrow(or the day after, or 3 days later or sooner :P)

Until next time,

Same time, same channel,
Adarsh.

No comments:

Post a Comment