Tuesday, August 30, 2011

....August....!!

….August….

  Today is the 30th of August, just one more day before this month ends and another one starts in my life(and a billion others around the globe.) Since this month is never going to come back, I thought why not just post something about it on my blog to serve as a memoir for this memorable month.(now, my English teacher would call that sentence a ‘I forgot the word’. The letter ‘m’ is repeated thrice.)


    Hmm. Let’s start off with books(duh!). Read two quite-good novels. The first one was bought off some road-side book shop while the other was given to me by a friend of mine. Let’s stop with using ‘first one’ and ‘second one’. The 2 books were – Digital Fortress by Dan brown and Master of the Game by Sidney Sheldon respectively. Let me write(type rather) a few lines about each of them.

Digital Fortress by Dan Brown: This one was suggested to me by a friend of mine. Not exactly suggested, she told me that she’s reading it and it was good so, decided to see whether it was as good as she was telling. Well, I must say, I got more than what I had bargained for. The book was another meticulously crafted thriller from Danny boy(lol!). The gist at the back wasn’t so inviting but I’ve known amazing books with terrible gist’s in other words, I’d seen worse.  It deals with some code-breaking machine called the TRANSLTR and then, some guy with the name of Ensei Tankado engineers an ‘unbreakable’ code which defies the ‘some unpronounceable Russian name’ theory. Well, that is but a small part of the thrilling ride that will take you from the streets of spain( can’t remember which place exactly. I forgot :P) to 10 floors underneath the surface of the earth. The ending was what made this book amazing. I was literally on my feet dying to know how it would end. A really-good read. 8.6/10.

Master of the Game by Sidney Sheldon : I got this one from a friend of mine. I asked him if he had any Sidney Sheldon and he answered back with a surprising ‘yes’ and well, that could mean only one thing. He lent me it(or rather, I made him lend it to me :P) while I lent him the “Digital Fortress”. Hmm. The book’s quite good. The start was quite amazing and it left blazing trails but they soon cooled down and I expected a much better ending after all the hype in the middle pages but then, I think Sidney wanted to write a sequel to this. Sadly, he passed away but some other guy wrote it in his name. It’s a very old novel. 1982. But, it’s quite a good read but don’t tell me I didn’t warn you about the ending. I’d rate this one a 7.6 to 8.1/10.

  Well, those were two of the novels that I’ve read this month. I’m planning to read two more the next month and I’ll probably make that a monthly goal.

August wasn’t spent entirely in reading those two books though. Infact, those two books just took about 5 days of my time. 2-4 hours each day. The first one, Digital fortress took 3 days while the latest one, Master of the game took me just 2 days. It was too interesting for me to put it down.

Anyway, coming back, most part of August was spent in preparing for my unit-tests. I’d be a big fat liar if I said that. I mean, I hardly prepared for them! But, I feel like it’s time to take my exams seriously, sadly, my mind doesn’t agree.

August was also a good month for my blog. I completely changed the theme and got a few quick fixes here and there. I received a total of 223 page views for this month and though that isn’t great, it’s atleast something J. Also,  this blog finally managed to feature on the Alexa rankings with a not-so-great rank of 19.million!

  Hmm..What else? August also became the month in which I managed to my first ‘pull-up’. I’m not sure what that’s called but ‘pull-up’ sounds good :P You know the thing where we pull ourselves up after catching hold of something. I practiced volleyball and even push-ups(!) Aah. I could literally feel my muscles hardening :P 
But now, I’m back to my old self and they’re back to their original state :P!

   ……August hasn’t really been great in terms of ‘productive’ things done but it’s been quite a learning experience. Hope September’s better J.

Adarsh

No comments:

Post a Comment