Monday, July 25, 2011

TV....a thing of the past.

 T.V, the device on which I spent countless hours when I was a kid now isn't so significant anymore.

Until a few months back, I'd grown a liking for the serials that aired on StarWorld like, Dexter, Las Vegas, Castle, White Collar, Friends, Modern Family and all. I used to stay up till late in the night to watch them. Before that, I used to watch a movie everyday on StarMovies.

But, surprisingly, I don't find myself on the TV much now. To be honest, it's been quite a long time since I last spent 1-2 hours on the TV. I mean, I haven't even switched it on in the past 2-3 days. If I used to spend 14 hours a week on the TV before, it's been reduced to....maybe 2-3 hours a week. And, no! I'm not kidding. I'm completely serious.

The time that I was spending on the TV is now being spent in silent contemplation of the to-do tasks and reading the newspaper. And, I find that I have much more time now than before and that not watching the TV has an immense effect.

I felt like writing this after reading this post on some blog here --> http://celestinechua.com/blog/top-10-reasons-you-should-stop-watching-tv/

Seriously, that blog is a frikkin treasure trove!

3 comments:

  1. I used to be like that. At least, during the school year I barely watch TV at ALL. I think this summer I kind of turned into a TV addict though. I hadn't realized it was such a problem... Thanks for sharing that blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome :)

    And, you might want to keep your TV watching times in a check....leaving TV gave me so so much more free time :)

    And, thanks for the comment...It's been quite a while since I had one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. True. I just moved though, and haven't had cable for a week, so it's sort of like I was forced to stop watching TV, haha. It's for the better though.

    And no problem!

    ReplyDelete