Sunday, July 24, 2011

Something unusual.

 “””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””
  Not just another Sunday.

Now, the typical Sunday’s consist of hours of killing boredom by HW and stuff. But, today, that typical didn’t even feature in my scheme of things.

  It all started off with a friend of mine freaking all over me on Facebook chat. Aakarsh(name changed on request :P) apparently had a hard time by some guy who was harassing him. What made it worse was that, my bro, Harindra posed as me and chatted with him. Damn, I can almost hear him cussing me :P. It was only later that he realized the truth and even accepted when I said “Harindra’s a nutter.”

  Anyway, my father then suggested that we(he,my bro and me) go to my uncle’s house for a brief visit. You know, just a courtesy call.

 I got more than what I’d asked for.

  We went around 1pm after having our lunch. Once there, usually, I just check his book-shelves and all those things. I mean, I don’t exactly feel home at his place but then, I don’t think I’m supposed to.

  Anyway, while there, I suddenly remembered something. A few months(or is it years?) ago, I had given my uncle a Spy Pen. I honestly don’t know why I thought about that, really it was all out of the blue. Or, maybe it had something to do with Aakarsh’s incident.

   Anyway, I felt like asking him for it. So, I asked my uncle what happened to that spy pen. He said “oh that one? Let me check, it must be here somewhere.” He then went to the adjoining room to search for it. After a few minutes, I heard a scream “oh My God, oh My God.”. I was like “SheeSh, why is my uncle shouting like that?” If Am would’ve been with me, he would’ve said “No worries, it must be just another mosquito. Don’t worry yourself with him.” But hey, I’m a cat and haven’t you heard? “Curiosity killed the cat.” My senses took the better of me and I went in to the adjoining room to see what was going on. My uncle was there, with a box out of it’s place. I went over near it, and I spotted hundreds of termites and was like “WTH.” My dad and bro soon came inside. Soon, we realized that, the termites had not just attacked the box in which the spy pen was kept but even the adjoining cupboards as well.

  Now, my uncle decided that his place could do with some cleaning. So, he, my dad and bro, started dusting off everything and helping my uncle. And, you know me, I just left the work to them and suddenly, I still don’t know why. It’s like some super-power controlled me. I went and sat on my uncle’s laptop and suddenly started searching for games. He doesn’t have many but I satisfied myself with the usual Solitaire or other such games. It wasn’t even five minutes when my uncle saw me playing.

  His face turned from ‘normal’ to “insanely angry” in like a split-second. It was as if the devil had possessed him. He left his work and came near me and sort-of scolded me. Well, to be honest, I couldn’t stand it. I mean, hell, even if it was the president, I would’ve given him a back-answer. Anyway, I replied angrily something-like “Well, if you don’t keep your house clean. There’s nothing I can do about it!”

 Man, you should’ve seen the anger on his face turn to I-don’t-know-what-word-fits-here.(I was like “SheeSh. What the hell did I just do?) I mean, he like, lost his cool and screamed. He said something like “GET OUT IDIOT....AND DONT EVER EVER TOUCH MY THINGS AGAIN........IF YOU COME HERE AGAIN....I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'LL DO TO YOU.”

It was then, that I realized what I’d done. I mean, I’d acted on the spur of the moment and well, I messed it all up. However, I didn’t exit just then. I mean, my uncle just went off and did what he was doing last. It was only after sometime that I left coz I was shell-shocked to act.

  Well, I’m telling the truth. I felt terrible about what I’d just done. I kept cursing myself for saying that and to be honest, I felt heart-broken. Nobody was there to comfort me, or to you know, tell me that everything was going to be all right. I just went home and sort-of locked myself in my room to spend some time thinking over.

  Well, soon, my father tapped on the door and told me to come out. I was sort-of scared. I mean, I wasn’t exactly sorry for what I’d done but I didn’t feel good about the incident.

  Well, I went out. There wasn’t much else I could do, except suicide(lol…just kidding :P). My father began scolding/telling me that what I’d done was wrong. Oh come on! I didn’t need him to tell me that. But hey, he had to tell me that! Well, he went on droning for the next 10-20 minutes but I had the usual “I-don’t-give-a-shit face” on despite my best efforts and he just left me alone.

   We usually go to a nearby library every Sunday and today was not exception(despite the incident). Well, the visit to the library helped me a lot. The ‘Air-conditioned’  rooms cooled my brain and I spent less time reading books and more time thinking of what I’d do now. I indeed had an open book in front of me but that was just for show. I felt terrible and wanted to do something to make up. All I could do was think.

  I thought and thought and thought. I finally remembered a friend of mine(@HC : This was meant for entertainment purpose :P). I remembered how he’d once apologized through a letter. Suddenly, it struck me. 
Why not do the same? Writing won’t kill!

  There wasn’t much talk in the vehicle, after all, it was an awkward day.

The moment we reached home, I immediately tore a piece of paper and started writing my apology. For the first time, I realized that my friend(you know which one!) was right when he said that “writing cool’s you off immensely. It helps you get over things.”

 To be honest, I hadn’t written letters like this before but, there’s always a first.

  I found myself drowning myself in the letter. I mean, I was oblivious to everything. I sat in a corner of our house so that I’d get some peace to write it. (I actually wrote it and didn’t type it!). To my surprise, I just went on and on and on. It wasn’t short and sweet like my usual letters. I actually wrote my feelings on that paper and they were so many!

  It took me quite some time to write that letter and when I’d finished. I didn’t read it again to check for any mistakes. After all, it was from my heart.

 But now that I’d written it another problem arised. How in god’s name was I going to give it to my uncle. I mean, I wrote so much and I didn’t feel like throwing it away or keeping it to myself. It didn’t take long for an answer to present itself. I realized I could use a messenger. I approached my father, gave him this note in a folded form and told him to give it to my uncle. I could’ve added “It’s classified, don’t read it!” but I didn’t.
 And, as expected of anyone, my father read it. I was in the same room when he read it and kept looking at his face to see his reaction. Once he’d finished reading it…man…he was proud of me. He took a bar-one out of his ‘everlasting supply box’ and gave it to me. That’s got to be the best chocolate I’ve tasted in a long time. 
Well, I even giggled when he looked at me with that expression on his face after reading the letter.

  He went after 5-10 minutes to give it to my uncle J. Like my friend, I just couldn’t resist posting it on facebook for the world to know and as well as to maintain a record sort of of when this happened. So, I typed a status updated but posted it as a note. I was just online for a minute to post it and went offline. That was when, my friend started flooding the note with idiotic comments and I was like “WTF. Leave my effing post alone. LoL.”

“””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””
Okay, here’s the catch. That didn’t happen to me but it happened to a friend of mine. I just read this note of his on facebook and well, it like, I don’t know…It sort of possessed me and I couldn’t help writing this.

Man, I gotta become a story teller :P.

Most of the above is made-up except the concrete facts which were taken from the note.

I’m now gonna call that friend up and tell him to read this blog post.

Until next time :)

2 comments: