Friday, July 22, 2011

I made a promise with myself :)


Studies have shown that if people make their promises to an audience, they are more likely to try and achieve them……I made that one up :P….but, I got you!.

   Anyway, I wrote this exam called IEO last year and placed 55th internationally which led to me getting a cash-prize of 250 INR(approx 6 dollars). Now, I know that it is the amount that an average pizza guy earns in the US in one hour, but hey! it was my first such cash prize and I indeed liked it. I posted it as my facebook status and received 24 likes with 23 comments which really motivated me to do even better.

 So, I came 55th in the exam. I’ll be honest, I didn’t even touch a grammar book, in other words, I didn’t prepare an iota. Now, I’m not lying, I really really didn’t prepare for it. Inspite of that, I got 42/50 which got me 55th rank. So, what if I prepared for the exam thoroughly? I mean, I could have easily got the remaining 8 marks if only I had studied right?

  The prize for the 1st rank is 1,00,000 INR(Approx 2500$). Now, that’s loads of money. I could get everything I ever desired. Ranging from an Iphone 4 to an iPod Touch 4g to a Gibson acoustic guitar. So, I was like “Why not work hard for it?”, “Why not write the exam awesomely by preparing for it?”.

  You get the rest. So, I’m just writing this post to make a promise to myself that I’m going to do everything I can to come 1st in this examination. Well, an iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4g and a Gibson Acoustic guitar is enough motivation for me :P. Other than that, I’d thoroughly enjoy the glory. Seriously, 1st internationally, that’s insane! I came 55th, I got so much appreciation and praise from my mates, I can’t imagine if I come 1st….Other than that, I wish to leave my school on a high.

…..”I promise to myself that I am going to do all that I can to come first.” …There you go, the promise. J

Until Next Time.

Adarsh J

No comments:

Post a Comment