Saturday, June 4, 2011

Reader's Digest -- An Awesome magazine


Reader’s Digest
   I remember reading this magazine quite a long time ago. I’d heard many people, even my mom(though she never read it :P), telling that this was a really good magazine. That aroused my curiosity and when my mom brought it in a few days ago, I immediately read it.

   When I’d first read it, a long time ago, I didn’t like it to be honest. I always felt that such magazines were more in advertisements and less in content(They still are). This time around, I like this magazine a lot. The one-liners in it were so damn funny. The content too was mostly what readers wrote and I liked reading real life accounts of many incidents. The jokes were absolutely hilarious. I literally laughed my stomach out(Is there an expression like this? Even if there isn’t, it’s a good one use it!).

@Work : All in a days work ::  I loved this one. It’s based on real-life humorous incidents that actually took place.
Here’s the best one from them. “My Friend, teacher dealing with six-year-olds, had just handed over small plants for the children to take care of as a part of a study program on plant growth. When she saw one of her students holding the pot too close to her face, she told the child not to do so as he might inhale the soil.”But ma’am.” The child replied, “I am giving it carbon-dioxide for photosynthesis.”
I just loved reading that.

Quotes : ...You probably know what it means right? Anyway, here are two great quotes that I liked the most.
“The best time to plant an oak tree was 25 years ago. The second best time is today” – James Carvill
“If you don’t know history, you don’t know anything. You’re a leaf that doesn’t know it’s a part of the tree” – Michael Crichton, Timeline(Knopf)

My Story : Personal stories beyond the call of daily life :::  Loved this one.

Kindness of Strangers :::  Liked reading these too J

Life! Life’s like that ::: This was another humor page. Here’s the best joke among the five published.
“At a jumble sale I sampled a dab of perfume on my wrist. I loved the scent and took two bottles, but was slightly insulted by the label, which read “Dignity Dog.” I brought my items to the fellow in charge, who asked me what kind of dog I had. “I don’t have a dog,” I replied. “Why do you ask?” “Then why are you buying this dog-grooming formula.”
Hahahahahahha Rofl.

Well, those were just a few from the many articles published. I just loved reading them and reader’s digest caught my eye. I’ll keep a look-out for future issues J. Read it, you’ll love it because I’m lovin’ it.

No comments:

Post a Comment