Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Warcraft – The Frozen Throne (DotA)



I recently downloaded this game and decided to start writing on my experiences playing it’s hit custom-map, DotA(Defense of the Ancients).

Where it all started?
  Rounak, a friend of mine told me that a new gaming centre opened near his house. Though I had long left gaming, it still held a special place inside me so I kept on bugging him with questions. He said that he got introduced to this place by a friend of his and then he spent the next 5 minutes telling me about him. Apparently, he had just finished his Xth and was going to join college in a few months. Once he joined college, he would have absolutely no time at all to enjoy so, his parents apparently gave him permission to enjoy himself. He decided to do so by playing 5 hours a day for 3 full-weeks at this gaming centre. I was amazed, I could finish the Resistance : Fall of Man campaign like 10 times in that period. Out of curiosity, I asked him what he played. Rounak replied “He plays a game like Age Of Empires called Tota”(I had mistaken this name for TotA, I later got to know that it is infact DotA.) Something told me that he was talking about Warcraft but then, he said specifically DotA so I was confused but then, some days later, we went to this place and when I saw what they were playing, I knew it at once WARCRAFT! I still didn’t understand what DotA meant though.

How I got an interest in it
   I felt like I was getting addicted to Age of Empires : Conquerors so I deleted it from my system. I then, downloaded games like “Westward” and all such Big Fish games. I was still bored so I ran a search for WarCraft, I got to know that it would run on my system, I was ecstatic. It was the one game that I’d always wanted to play(Here’s the weird part, I remember playing Warcraft when I was small the problem is, I can’t remember on which system and why I stopped).
    The file size was around 1 Gb but thankfully the month(May,2011) had just started so my internet speed was at it’s optimum. I downloaded it within two days and installed it.

First Day
  I tried to play DotA on Game Ranger but almost everytime, I was kicked. I was speechless, I didn’t know what I was doing and then, in an conversation with my savior, I realized that Warcraft was no Age of Empires. I had to download the DotA map manually in order to play it. I tried to download it that day but I clicked cancel just seconds before it downloaded completely.

Second Day
I got frustrated and decided to postpone it for the next day. The next day came and I managed to play my first game and seriously, I was never called a Noob more times than my entire time in AoE. Everyone was like “You Suck”, “Stop FEEDING you NOOB” and blah blah blah. But, I was adamant. Warcraft people always make me look like a fool. I chose some hero and I died quite a lot of times and then, somebody told me to use the glitch for that hero. They told me to press Alt + Q continuosly. I was suspicious, so I pressed it once the exit menu came up. I quickly clicked resume and typed “HaHa You almost got me”. The guy replied “What? I don’t understand”. I was fooled by his innocent acting, I thought he really must be telling the truth and pressed Alt+q twice and it was too late before I realized that I was made into a bakra!!. Alt+Q in Warcraft is nothing but Alt+F4 in Windows. I was like “TOOT you mate.”

I’ll get straight to the point, I decided to write all of my Warcraft 3 DotA experiences on this blog as a memory…..

No comments:

Post a Comment