Monday, May 23, 2011

The Lost Symbol -- Noetic Science.


I just finished reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown for the second time. No matter how many times I read it, I get this feeling that I must read it again in order to understand the true meaning hidden inside it. The first time I read it was in a train(during my trip to Kashmir), I had started reading it and was completely hooked to it that I sat for like 3-4 hours at a time and finished it in a couple of sittings. It was just awesome but, I again read it because I wanted to make a not e of all the new words that I do not know the meaning of.  Anyways, I am writing this post to mention a few things regarding  the base of the novel, Noetic Science.

Noetic Science, it is the thing on which the whole book is based on. Peter Solomon’s sister, Katherine Solomon works on this and has managed to make breakthroughs which can change the way human’s see the world. Noetic Science is nothing but mixing Ancient Mysticim with science. A chapter in a book states that we are just re-discovering what our ancestors discovered. It states that, every thing that modern physics states now was already known by our ancestors and stored in the text, we’ve just forgotten. In the book, Katherine Solomon states that she was actually able to weigh the human soul. She tells that every thought has mass, miniscule but mass nonetheless. She states a hypothetical theory that every thought has mass, so if many people have that same thought, the thoughts might add up and actually be capable to affect things in the physical environment. It reminded me of “The Secret”. Well, the book states that Noetic Science can drastically change the world as we know it and I get this feeling that it actually can. The book managed to hook me on to noetic science so much that I actually googled it.

Well, if you haven’t read The Lost Symbol, you should, It’s a complete thriller!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment